Monday, April 12, 2010

Bill of Rights

We've been discussing the first Ten Amendments to the Bill of Rights. Which of the following do you feel is most important as a citizen of the United States? Why?

1 Freedom of Speech
2 Right to Bear Arms
3 Quartering of Soldiers
4 Search and Arrest
6 Right to Fair Trial
8 Reasonable Punishment

38 comments:

  1. lions,Rene12/4/10 9:39 AM

    I think freddom of speech.Because everybody should say what they think.Its important what other say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kevin(lions)12/4/10 9:39 AM

    i think that fredom of speach becouse we have the retes to say watever we want but it cant be afensive or mean

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I think is the moest inportant is the quartering of soldiers.I think is the most inpotrthant because you sud not give a soldier a home in your house.Also that you sould not give your food nider you pillowe and blakeths to the soldiers.ALso you sould not be the soldiers servent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lions,ashley12/4/10 9:42 AM

    Ms.Martinez I think that the quartering of soldiers is important because the soldiers were going to peoples houses and ate their food and used all there stuff. It was wrong because it was the peoples house not the soldiers house.
    The people didnt like it because it was there
    house but after a few years that didnt happen nomore.



    sincerly, ASHLEY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alex(lions)12/4/10 9:42 AM

    I think that the most inportant is freedom of speech because you can say watever you like to speech but do not ofend other pepole like the president but you can say like one rule that you dont like so thats the most inportant bill of rites.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dare. Mis.Martines i like the the quatering of solders and i like to story more abaut that and i dont now much abaut the much and the live of the solders are much dificald on the wrold and th polic mens and they have kill 5 persons they have tptave and they have hard times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christopher12/4/10 9:44 AM

    I think its Fredoom of Speech. Becouse then no one would protest so we woudent have all the things we fougth for. And wow we woudln be free to say what we whant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that the most fair rith is the right of fair of trail because is not fair that they put you in the jail for no reason that they say that you are gulty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that the most fair thing is fredoom is they have to let them free because they work so much of doing allot of things for the solders they have to let them free.They rest ther lifes of servings the soldirs of taking kere of them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. damaris lions12/4/10 9:45 AM

    I chose Freedom of speech because i are free to tell wathever you want onless is nice. If say somethig the president its you are opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  11. veronica martinez gomez12/4/10 9:47 AM

    I think the riht one is freedom of speehc because they can exprees their things that thy have to said.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ms.Martinez I tingb that Quartertering of soldiers.Because pore peple they cundet du
    watever they want.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Ms.Martinez I think Reasonable punishment.Because if somebody does something really bad they will need a really good reasonabol punishment.And get to go to jail.

    ReplyDelete
  14. KAREN -LIONS12/4/10 9:53 AM

    I think that is the one that sais Reasonable punishment because if he just robd somthing like a bread because he hasent eten for years and sombody catsh him do dat they dont need to tell him bad words or start hiting him but the good wey to tret him is like this gust tell him to not doit again or put him in gel but dont hit him or tellhim bad words.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I Think that fredom of speech is the most important because if their werent fredom of speech people coudent tell opinion and their feelings.Also that you almost woudent even talk if the law woudent be there.If that law woudent be there Martin Luther king maybe woudent change evrithing.Thats why its really important.We maybe woudent be dead if theire werent be fredom of speeach

    ReplyDelete
  16. i think that the freedom speech is most important because people can say there opinion .freedom of speech helps people say what is illegal and wats not.sometimes itt helpss peoplespot fighting and be fair.the speech of martin luther king help alot of people in there lives.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think that freedom of speech is the moste importent one because they git have freedom and not to be deamnd by britin and dont have to bay to use some thing

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think number 8 because if you do something wrong you have to have a punishment and you have to be responsebles in what you did and if someone tell you did something wrong you have to be responseble an if you do some thing wrong you migth nide a punishment

    ReplyDelete
  19. aleyda bobcats12/4/10 12:59 PM

    I think that the one I would chose would be freedom of speech because if they made a rule that you did not rially like it you could say youre opinion and thir could be a probobility that tey could change that law.What if that law was afecting youre family thair would be a chanse to help youre pepole

    ReplyDelete
  20. kevin bobcats12/4/10 12:59 PM

    The Freedom of Speech is more important because you could disagreed or agree. You could say that we need freedom. You could say that people have been robing in my neighboorhood. When people have commited a crime we could take him to jail and say that he commited a crime.

    ReplyDelete
  21. i think the most important thing is right to bear arms because they dont arrest you to have your own property like a gun the cops dont need to arrest you to have your own property i think thatin the pass like in the 15s they will arrest them because they did have property.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'll pick a freedom of speech cause i can talk and they wouldn't send me bad or traet me like a slave.

    ReplyDelete
  23. juan bobcats12/4/10 1:00 PM

    I think the most important law is Search & Arrest because a judge can't just arrest you for no reason or if they do not like you they have to have prove. You need prove because maybe the person who is guilty may go to jail for something they did not do.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Humberto Bobcats12/4/10 1:01 PM

    i think that the Right to Bear Arms
    is the most important because if whe didn't have a right to protect r home whit a gun we have all redy bean dead cause bad people are out thear that wantto merder people

    ReplyDelete
  25. ruby,bobcats12/4/10 1:01 PM

    I think that the most inportant amendment is when if a people comes in your house that they have to show you the warrent to have proves to enter to your house for me that was inportant because you need proves if not they cann still you stuffs and hurt your family

    ReplyDelete
  26. I think search arrest is the most importan because wath happendens if you did do it thy need to have a recen way to arest you.And serch for a relly big recen the if thgey finde you inesent so you are free to go.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Brenda,Bobcats12/4/10 1:01 PM

    the quartering of soilders because it was when they got to sleep in colonist house and use their stuff and it got them mad and the briteish solders got to do what ever they wanted in their housr because they said it was to protect them from going to the oder zide because the native americans wher going to kill them and i think it was the most inportent because the british soilders thoug thy wher doing it to protect.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I think the most important thing is Reasonable Punishment.I picked that one because I think that one is the most important .I think is the most important because they have to have a reason to be phunish. Like if you did something that youre not sopose to maybe that is a reasone to get phunished.

    ReplyDelete
  29. JoseBobcats12/4/10 1:04 PM

    Dear .Ms. Martinez,
    I think that the search and arrest is the moset in portant becouse ther has to be a paper or proves to arrest you like if an officir is lookin for drougs or somthing eals you can not let him search in you r hous .For what ever he is looking for untile he shows somthing that ses he con go into your hous.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I will go with 6.rigth or fair trial. That seems more fair to me.So i can get a chance to say what i did or what i din't do.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Emely , Bobcats12/4/10 1:05 PM

    I think one of the most important is number eigth reasonable punishment.I know that it is much much safer now because our teacher had told us that sometimes when they stold stuff they could cut youre hand off.That is caind of harsh.But when they do more bad stuff than stelling the police men will just give him a warning.That is NOT fair.I think that it is now more important because the police men are keeping aeye on people.Now I can feel safe in my city

    ReplyDelete
  32. I think Search and Arrest is the most importan. Because in the old time african wher geting arrest juts for noting.

    ReplyDelete
  33. karina bobcats12/4/10 1:07 PM

    i will go with 6 the rigt or fair trail.that seems to me that is the most important thing to me beacause i can say what i did or the thing i did not do. that is my opinion so the police dont come and arrest somebody for a crim they did not do.

    ReplyDelete
  34. is numuer 6 right to fair trial because if ther a white guy in the trial and if who decides are white ther gonna say yes if there black thell say no so this right is very important because black and white has to be in the trial or is gonna happen what i write up.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Humberto Bobcat12/5/10 12:01 PM

    i think that Right to Bear Arms is important because if we can have or carry a wepon than we can protect are self and not just self but are familly lik if dear is a strangern we have permision to have a gun to shoot him.another reason is for we can not get hurt and we and are familly can get together safely and get togethe and be safe and now won will get hurrt that is reaso that ithink that Right to Bear Arms is so important to me

    ReplyDelete
  36. I think its intresting, Because people have to deal with NOT having rights to do all kinds of things,Like girls couldnt vote wich is very un fair.Just because there girls dosent mean any thing. People should have the rights to do suff,and know they can.People back then would be very proud of today.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I think tha the most important is Freedom of Speeh because if some black person go to a place they are going to tell him only white people.

    ReplyDelete
  38. lupe bobcats12/5/10 12:11 PM

    I think there all inportant . Thats why i dont have a favorit. whith out the Bill of Riths it wont be fair. Because i think of them as Laws. Laws are inportant,Just like The Bill of Riths.

    ReplyDelete